Vehicles spotted in your neighborhood

Different strokes, right?

I have a soft spot for the Caprice, my mom had one and I used to throw my BMX bike in the trunk without having to move any seats or take off a wheel.

My pop had one as well, hated it. No soft spot… though I definitely remember throwing my BMX bike in the trunk with room to spare.

Thank you sir - Nope no iPhone, I’m still stuck in the Blackberry era. But no fancy pants camera either, simple little Fujifilm point and shoot I picked up for $15 at a yard sale.

November Cars & Coffee - $15 Fujifilm Camera, Who needs a DSLR?

…continued…

more to come after this guy - once I find time to sort through the others… Good showing this time include a Shelby Series 1

Kershaw: Having a good eye is 100 x more important in photography than the equipment.

Chris - I lusted for a Countach as well, for my entire adolescence - flash forward 20 some years and I’m walking around the corner to check out a local car show - a white Countach was sitting near the back, unmistakable - and you can always tell the Fiero bodied replicar versions, this one was real. As I walked around it and talked with the owner I was utterly shocked at the lack of refinement, lack of fit and finish, lack of sophistication, terrible wire-paths in the engine bay, etc, then to hear it requires a $12K service every 10K miles…wow. He told me sometimes the doors won’t latch properly and don’t stay closed and that the front bonnet always opens crooked. Handmade alright.

Here’s another white one for you.

I remember a few lemon-law lawsuits over the Lambo Countach and Diablo. I always find it funny that people love the doors so much, because they were known to fail in both ways: locking closed or unable to latch. The locking closed must have been great pre-cel phone. Imagine yelling out of the too-small-to-escape-through windows to passerbys to call a locksmith.

spotted on the San Diego Dwell home tour today.

Love that its next to the Little Tikes b-ball hoop…

You’ll like this:
http://www.petrolicious.com/articles/when-outrageous-was-possible
[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/50406912[/vimeo]

Thanks for that sanjyoog. Ironically, as much as I was sure I’d never want to own one of those after talking with that owner - I was just as giddy and excited yesterday when a black one with chromed wheels passed by me in the opposite direction on Rt 136 in Abingdon, MD - I pointed it out for my son, but I don’t think he was anywhere near as excited as was I - not sure but it looked like a Quattrovalvole 5000 so it would be a late 80’s. I’ve never seen it around here but I hope I get to see it again!

Does anybody remember the 60minutes interview with Lamborghini folks at the Sant’Agata factory? I videotaped it and watched that segment over and over and over as a teenager! Their Marketing Director had his audience well defined: “You cannot take a da baggages…you must have another car like a rolls royce with a chauffeur to arrive a day later, you cannot have a da kids, only a…beautiful woman.” Here’s a link - I’m glad CBS has it archived ; http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7357739n

I’ll stop the Countach posts now. :wink:

That’s what makes them beautiful.

That is a hilariously odd mix. Wow, Smart Car… just wow.

always had a soft spot for the Gen1 Supra. Has a kind of BladeRunner-esque thing going on.

I love how those stickers that are based on the early '60’s vette are always placed the wrong direction on cars. It’s as though no one knows where it came from.

Cars spotted on a trip to Beirut… cool old French stuff + a couple of others. They’re not pristine, but interesting

From recent Japan visit

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a real Nissan Cube in Europe

So many different cube-like cars, not many that stick out though.