Steampunk Urban Vinyl Toys

It’s a team of two. James Hugo (myself) and Chase Layman. We opened Wheelhouse Creative in Edmond, Ok this year which focuses on Design, Film & Motion Graphics.

Yes, this is our first plastic product design. We have been wanting to get in the world of Urban Vinyl for some time now.

We did find a manufacturer that we are very pleased with. http://chlproducts.com/

The challenge was finding a manufacturer that we trusted to do our sculpts. We thought we could provide a 3D computer model we created and send it off for production. It can be done but we learned it needs to be built a certain way for them to do a 3D print. So, we handed over control to the manufacturer and provided them with illustrations shown in the image above. They assured us they would provide us with as many revisions necessary to reach our level of excellence. They are the professionals and did a fantastic job with very few revisions needed.

All in all I would say it’s learning the process of creating a product that has been the biggest challenge.

Thanks for the questions! Hope I answered them clearly.