Good design you love to have

I can’t quite “own” this design, but every designer and engineer should have at least some experience buying random hardware from McMaster Carr. The efficiency of their site is astounding compared to other retailers. I had a discussion with a firmware engineer trying to explain to him how to mount a bracket to his concrete basement wall. I tried for a good 10 minutes to find the proper hardware from one of the 2 bigbox home improvement sites and was given huge linear lists of irrelevant crap, even keyword searches failed. It took seconds to find it on McMaster’s site. Newegg is similar in site efficiency for electronics shopping.

No product plugs just honest opinion.

Mcmaster-Carr rules! :wink:

Nice! That thing is straight out of Bill and Teds…

I forgot how amazing that movie is…

Sometimes I watch NCIS rerun marathons so I can look at the Tolomeo lamps in the NCIS headquarters. :laughing:

My new loft is just about complete. Went on a bit of chair shopping binge lately.

Finally picked up an authentic Eames Lounge that I love and have always wanted to have, just never had the space. Well worth the wait.

Also found this beauty. Stingray rocker by Thomas Pedersen. Actually first saw this chair when it was a student final project at a design school show when I was living in Denmark. It’s now in production by Frederica.

http://www.fredericia.com/show.asp?lang=uk&s=furniture&mt=6&mid=11

Although it doesn’t get much use, I’d also have to add to my “Good Design I love to have list” my Marc Newson Biomega MN02 bike. It glows in the dark and just makes me happy walking by it everyday.

R
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG

R, that place is looking great! Closing on a place myself in the next couple of weeks… let the renovations begin! Having all of the flooring demos before we move in… anyway, I’m looking forward to a “chair binge” when we finish :wink:

On Ray’s office chair tip, I bought a bunch of these Knoll Generation chairs for our office and i have been very happy with them. I love parking in this thing:

A few years ago I did a gig at a company with a cash-cow product and money to burn. The entire company cafeteria had Arne Jacobsen Series 7 chairs, at least a hundred of them. I mean the real ones that cost $600 a piece, not the knock-offs.

My wife bought me one as a birthday present, though here they are sold as Formway “Be” http://be.formway.com/. Fantastic Chair

Yo!: Great choice!

Since years I am debating a 7series Chair with swivel base in black as new
desk chair, here in the office.

Would set us back 1335. €, something like
1.600,-$.

I never buy copies, but I don’t smoke dope anymore, either…

mo-i

I agree with the first post…The Kindle. I wish I could have had that in my industrial design portfolio. I use my Kindle every day, still haven’t upgraded.

mo-i: That is insane. You could build 4 for $1600.

Another favorite of mine, the Emeco Navy chair.

Only problem I have is your butt feels very cold in the morning when you sit on them naked. :laughing:

nice choice… other than the sitting on them naked part. I don’t have any of those, but I’m always amazed at how light they are even though I intellectually understand their materiality.

http://www.trident-design.com/pitzo/pitzo.php

More info on that pizza cutter.

What are those scissors? Look nice.

R

West Elm Heirloom Scissors

love the lug on the left “sciz” that keeps the blade level on the cutting table.