What cell phone do you own?

As a designer I’m supposed to say I have an iPhone, but I have a Droid 3rd Gen Global (will be 2 yrs old [ie, dinosaur in March of 2013] on Verizon. The global features have been helpful when traveling and it WAS super quick when new, but I swear Google is either accelerating their refinements on 4.1 (ice cream sundae or what not) and leaving us 2.3ers in the dust or Android is falling apart because my phone has begun freezing and rebooting on occasion for no reason. I suppose because its nearly 2 yrs old it SHOULD be acting weird to further support the marketing of 2 year contracts. Oh well.

I intend to move to a Windows 8 phone at the next 2 yr. upgrade - I’m interested to see how well they integrate data between Windows 8 PCs, tablets and phones.

Also - smartphones have added an entire category that hadn’t been considered before they came along - useful 2nd life. My kids each have 1st gen Droids (old ones we didn’t need after endless 2 yr upgrades) and they are as operative as an iPod (everything but calling). They still download apps & games on them, text on them, watch netflix on them and the only $$ they’ve ever required was a new battery for each (only $6 on eBay).