Job Search Advice

When i started looking for work, I compared my portfolio to the really nice ones on coroflot and highlighted areas where i needed improvement.

Dont worry about the website for now, because when you apply you usually send a resume and work sample in PDF.
Looking at yours I would say improve the presentation of your portfolio and work on a few skills:

1: improve layout and graphic design of your printed portfolio that you’ll show interviewers, and when you have time, your website.
2: work on your sketching skills, use sketches on coroflot and conceptart.org as a benchmark
3: work on photography/renderings, it doesnt matter how nice your hand model is if it looks like shit in the photo right?
Maybe move away from the “Photoshopped white background” thing you have going in alot of your photos and renderings. that usually doesnt look good unless the object itself was actually shot in a very white environment. even then you’ll still have shadows, subtle gradients, reflections, etc.
4: show your cad skills, if i was hiring you to do CAD work in solidworks, id want to see some images of exploded assemblies of some complex objects with complex geometry.
5: just nit picking, but i might change your “interests” in your resume to something more relevant to design. the whole body building MMA boxing thing makes you sound like a huge “bro” (no offence) =p