DAAP Chair Summer 2012 - Done

Hey everyone,

Apologies for the massive delay! Life got really busy right after final crit!

Unfortunately the photo studio closed the day of the crit (of course) so I didn’t get a chance to get in and take some nice studio shots. But I did get a couple of the lounge chair (minus ottoman) before I had to fly out of Cincy.

I made a process video of the fabrication process:

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/48404159[/vimeo]

Couple shots I took in my living room

I’m pretty happy with how everything turned out, there are a couple details that I need to add/change when I get back to from Boston in January. I am going to redo the upholstery and probably do two separate cushions. I originally liked the visual of a creased fold in the middle, but after a couple days of sitting on it, it all shifts around a bit too much and starts looking a little sloppy.

I am really happy with the comfort and ergonomics. I knew that if I was going to be keeping this thing around it needed to feel great to sit in for prolonged periods of time, and it really does especially with the ottoman.

Thanks again for the feedback throughout the process, I had a lot of fun with the fabrication process and got me thinking about what type of design process I want to go through for my senior thesis in January.

Matt