Job Search Advice

I understand your pain. I graduated right at the begin of the recession. It was really tough to get anything. My biggest piece of advice is to network. Meet people, lots of people. I personally have only had luck doing that. I feel for every hour you are shaking hands you more then doubling or tripling your chance of getting work. When I look for work the first thing I do is look at who i know and then reach out to those people. If I don’t know anyone at a company I want to work for I see if I can find someone I know that knows someone there. It is hard at first I did very well at trade shows when I was starting off.

Just don’t give up.

Also I would keep reworking your portfolio. Your sketching is still a bit weak. Remember when starting out less is more if you are super awesome at sketching show a lot of sketches but if you are average show 5-6 really good sketches.

It is very rough out there and even when you do land a job there is no grantee it will be there next year. So be creative and network with as many people as you can. You will get something if you keep at it.