NYC design related events next week?

I’m going to be in NYC next Tues through Sat… anyone heard of interesting design happenings next week?

Museum shows, gallery openings, etc would be great, or just interesting things going on

already heard I’m missing Metronomy by a few days :frowning:

Thanks in advance!

Trav

bump

me too, for next week…?

Hope you have better luck, there was nothing going on when I was there. :laughing:

This might still be showing:

Lebbeus Woods early drawings
Friedman Benda LLC
515 W 26th St
New York, NY 10001
(212) 239-8700

There is ALWAYS something going on in NYC, you just have to look. Check the events calendars at some of the schools around, PRATT/PARSONS/FIT…that’d be a good place to start.

I was being sarcastic :wink:

Bump

I’m there next Monday to Wednesday, any suggestions? I’ll be sure to check the school calendars

IDSA inspiration lounge wednesday 20th. Pretty cool event.

J

That was definitely interesting! Did anyone else go? Everyone vacated the place pretty fast after the presentation so I didn’t get a chance to compare notes.

I was there. Was a fun presentation.

J

Sorry I missed you! Did you find it useful as well as interesting? During the presentation I thought it was a bit too abstract to be applicable to the type of stuff I work on / want to work on, but reflecting back I think it was helpful even as a reminder to take into account the senses other than sight and feel when designing.

Sorry guys unfortunately i missed this event design but my friend tell to me that this event is very different to past event a lot of new design is launched.Any body send me link which i watch the event presentation.

Anything happening the weekend after next (Week of March 15th)?

Going to be out there for a long weekend, can’t wait!

I guess the Cooper Hewitt might be opened up by then… any other ideas?

Wanted Design is hosting a discussion over design,materials & processes at MAD (Museum of Art & Design) March 19th. Here’s the link to RSVP. It’s free but they still ask that you RSVP. http://2013.wanteddesignnyc.com/news/