product tank - lamp

Hi Guys, thanks for the comments. The arms have a chamfer each side, so when it came to the head, I carried on this chamfer to produce the head shape so that its integration with the top of the part you hold would be seamless, I was also considering round, it has to be off centre a way to not interfere with your grip. I was trying to be a little different, maybe went too far.

Would love to make the LED array different too, but I bought two cheap torches that I took apart, which sufficed for the prototype, this would be handled much more sympathetically in production. For the prototype, inside the wood arms are aluminium tubes that guide cables and wiring, but in production I would aim for all aluminium or a tough plastic moulding to make it much lighter.

There are a few engineering issues that are easy to fix. In production the locking areas would be detailed differently to make them non slip and non wear. I know how, but without access to a lathe I currently can’t do it. Scott, the tension in the prototype is created using 15lb breaking strain fishing braid. Thin cable approx 30lb would work a lot better, this is also an easy fix. Changing the materials will help prevent loosening up over time but also there is a tensioner in the base - like a guitar head to help you tune the locking pressure and counter wear.

R: My mum has an old meat mincer with a suction base that would have worked perfectly, but I wasn’t allowed to destroy it to fit the prototype :frowning: , so for the video, I had to design and build a table just so I could screw the lamp to it for demo purposes. Funnily enough I wasn’t allowed to drill a hole in an existing table we own either! :laughing: So it seems wobbly, because I designed and made the table in about 5 hours and construction wise…there were issues. I’m always up against time (weekends) and the weather (the UK is famous for it).

Engio - Kickstarter last I heard was USA only, ROW has indiegogo, but it doesn’t seem to be quite as forward as Kickstarter from a design point of view. I just keep coming up with ideas and releasing them on my site, which is kinda foolish, but my problem has always been I can’t focus on one thing long enough. Yesterday kitchens, today lamps, tomorrow???