Samsung Series 7 Slate vs Asus EP121

I’ve owned the Samsung for 6 months now and I have spent much of that time regretting it.
I had been scanning pencil sketches on legal paper and basically retracing everything for years, and had fantasized about the direct input of a tablet. What I did not count on was that the physical act of drawing on glass is much trickier than drawing on paper. Its like running on ice. I bought a separate set of nibs which only provided a very slight improvement. Then I bought some plastic binders, solely to cannibalize the slightly toothy clear plastic covers and place them over the screen - didn’t work out. If you draw sketchy and rough, or use vector tools for everything, you should be fine. If you have a flowing, precision oriented style this is torture.
The physical size of the tablet is also an issue for me. With a display size of 5 3/4" x 10 1/8" (14.5cm x 25.5cm) and the additional borders imposed by taskbars and software environments, the actual working area is only about 4 1/2" x 9 1/4" (11.5cm x 23.5cm). You would think that this would be very easily resolved with keyboard shortcuts, hiding toolbars, zooming, and dragging, but that requires a keyboard. The bluetooth keyboard that came with this tablet is fantastic but has one crippling flaw: it sleeps after 10 very short seconds and requires a keystroke to wake it - a keystroke that does not register but only wakes the keyboard. The result is that it causes many mistakes and much frustration.
All of this I might be able to forgive if it weren’t for the irritating realization that I paid too much for it. Now I’m trying to talk myself into spending more money on a less stupid keyboard.
Or make me an offer. I’ll throw in the tablet, dock, keyboard, charging cord, stylus, extra nibs, a cordless USB mouse, and a nice bag to carry it all.