the NEW Coroflot >>>Submit Feedback Here.

So this was a surprise today. Question is, how do I change the project cover image? Seems like I used to be able to get an option from the image. Can’t seem to drag and drop it. Anyone else know how? Short of saving the image to my computer and uploading again, or reloading the existing image and deleting the old.

Also can’t figure out how to change the about and resume sections?

I’m having one issue…

As I type in my resume (actually the same one saved as before), it says I have 750+ characters remaining of 10,000. I click Save, and it tells me I’ve gone over the 10,000 character limit.

I’ve copy/pasted the text into Word, done a character count, and I am in the low 9,250 range, confirming the counter that states I have 750+ characters remaining. I have copy/pasted the text into Notepad, Wordpad, Open Office, and Gmail, then back into the Coroflot text body (as per suggested, to try to eliminate the formatting). Still no luck.

Whats weird is, this is my old resume (saved and transferred over automatically on Coroflot), that now I cannot publish/save.

One suggestion I do have which may be ambitious enough to take a little more time would be to add a horizontal scrolling display option. This feels a bit more natural for touch displays (to me at least?) and it also better fits the landscape formats of most portfolios’ page layout, at least for mine. :smiley:

Hi everyone. Thanks for the props and feedback. Here are some answers:

• Job search was not working properly on the first day. It is now stable and you can search for city, state, state abbreviation (like MN), zip code, and straight up keyword.

• You can now save multiple job alerts. These are basically saved searches, with any sort of search criteria you want. Results will be emailed daily.

• Horizontal scrolling is a good suggestion. Now that the initial launch is done we’re working on alternate display options such as a slideshow or even back to individual images.

• The resume character count issue is a result of the WYSIWYG editor and some bugs with that. We expect to have that resolved in another day or two.

Please keep the feedback coming. We’re actively tweaking all the pages now, so things are quite fluid.

Thanks!

Taylor,

The issue with your resume has been addressed. We’ve removed the HTML editor and replaced it with plain text for the time being. Your resume is back online now.

Awesome, you guys are amazing. Keep at the incredible work.

Thanks Coroflot/Core77 teams,

One thing I’ve noticed is since the relaunch I’ve been getting a lot of slightly spumy requests for freelance through the new messaging type function… maybe things are just showing up in google more. There seems to be an issue with the messaging feature though for me, I can’t seem to be able to reply with my standard "I only take certain projects from certain companies and here is a big number for what it would take for that to happen … " type response.

When I an using the job search, and search for “Michigan” I get a page that says there are 13 jobs, but none of them show up, when I click show more jobs, I get the rolling eyeballs. ( I don’t know what they are, but that is what they look like to me).

Searching for any job that is not on the first page gets the rolling eyeballs, and nothing ever shows up. I will have to try it at home to see what happens.

I don’t know if it is better, but is is different, I do like the colour scheme.

overall, great looking site development, thank you for all your hard work core77 !

the only issue i’m having is getting my 3d models to show through the 3dvia account, is this feature working ? that is, when i connect the 3dvia account on my coroflot portfolio, it previews a range of unknown and unrelated 3d content instead of my own 3d content that i uploaded. i would really like this to work as i have a lot of 3d content i would like to upload…

also, does anybody have any suggestions on the most suitable 3d format to use, i’ve been trying to use edrawing parts and assemblies but they seem to come out kind of big, ~5 megabyte each, is that normal ?

I would appreciate a thumbnail or two of a person’s work in between the Name/Title/Location and a person’s specialties. This could save A LOT of Clicks.

Curious about the choice to move to liking an album vs individual images, makes some sense moving forward, but I’m pretty sure the that going forward it is pretty misrepresentative of the what was favorited prior to the change. Just because I liked one sketch doesn’t mean I thought the whole project was great… thoughts?

Hello there!
Cool stuff, you guys went a long way from the previous.

I have a question though:
Where is the salary survey?

Thank you!

Second – all the links to the salary survey from old articles are broken. I cannot seem to find a way to locate the data anymore. Will it be coming back?

:frowning:

Hello??
Still waiting for a reply here!

Overall, I like the re-work. The job board is very nice.

There are a few points that I feel should be brought up.

1- The Feed
I liked that variety of images that I was able to quickly see a preview of with the old system. For example, a like or comment on an image put it up there for me to see. Now, a comment or favorite gets me the same “header image” for that project.

2- Comments on specific images (as mentioned above)
To me, being able to comment on a specific image is an efficient means of communication. Commenting on the entire project seems a little blunt and not as effective.

I agree with this 100%, that feature is VERY missed.

Also, and maybe I just haven’t found it yet, but was the option to set your profile to seeking freelance, seeking fulltime, or not seeking taken away or is this now a feature that I have to pay for, just curious.

Thanks.

Browsed earlier, now I’m trying to use it. Is that a way I can get ONLY people that LIVE in Montreal? I use “Montreal” in the search and the fourth hit is a guy in Chicago and it gets worse from there on down.

Also, it would be nice to filter “freelance” from resumes. I want to find just freelancers in Montreal and it seems like it will be a task for me.

Just an idea, what if the side scrolling of “Coro Classic” and the up / down scrolling of “The Descender” could be combined into a new display option that could do both at the same time?

I could see this working for longer projects where someone viewing might want to skip to a certain section.

Overall, I agree that the new Coro is very nice.

Props on the Coroflot update. Looks really nice. Love the modular thumbnail option and linkedin importing! I wonder how good LinkedIn talks to Coroflot on their end now that they have external image linking.