Does IDSA make conference videos available online?

hmm… I guess what I meant to say is that anything more than basic processing and putting them on youtube isn’t necessary; especially if it’s holding up the flow of information.

This is wandering off topic, but this was my first IDSA conference. I’m not a member, and I don’t see much value in being one. I heard several casual discussions by attendees about why it wasn’t worth being a member. I honestly didn’t think the conference was worth the admission price. It was basically a live version of watching TED talks on youtube, except I can’t go back and rewatch them or share them because the IDSA is taking so long to do whatever they are doing to edit the video. This isn’t an angry rant. I wanted to see what it was all about, and my admission price was the cost of that research. What I’d like to see is the IDSA actually be relevant, and be worth being a member of. My personal opinion is that the questionable website design and slowness / lack of media are prime factors in the failure to make the organization valuable.

Where they will be once they are up on the site. There has been ALOT of talk over the year of where they should be.

If you scroll down on the home page of IDSA, you’ll see a video gallery link. In there you’ll find a bunch of vids from previous years. I agree they are a bit all over the place with organization.
Another place is under the explore tab like you mentioned…again these are in no real understandable order.

My thoughts and these are only mine and I don’t know how easy it would be for our current site, but I would like to see the videos for each conference under a conference tab.
So for my conference, Southern, there would be a tab on the main page or somewhere easy to find, and then the conference year and the speakers and a quick summary of their talk.
Make sense?

I’m very open to suggestions, so if you have any please let me know. I am more than happy to pass members thoughts along to the rest of the board.

C

The conference tab idea would be great. Especially if all video content that is posted comes from conferences. Nice hierarchy. It would also be awesome if there was plenty of meta for each talk so it was searchable.

Is there a reason that a youtube, etc channel hasn’t been considered? IP issues with the speakers? If the mission statement of the organization is to disseminate info about ID to people who may not know, wouldn’t it make more sense to put it somewhere where it can be easily searched and allow for self-discovery by non-ID folks?