Resources For Consultancy Fees?

Hi I recently started my own consultancy, and in terms of looking for baselines it all depends. Acceptable design fees in Boise are going to different vastly from those in San Francisco. Also depends on your experience. A better way of determing fees is to do a self asssement. How much do you need to cover your overhead? How much do you want to make in profit? How much work do you need to reach these goals. I operate in San Francisco and did a self assesment of what I need to charge and how much billing time I need to meet my goals. everyone it seems is a designer in SF, but there is also a lot of work to go around. I also take into consideration my network of contacts and my own experience. No one will give you a set rate that they charge and you shouldnt expect that either. its a game , charge too low and it hurts business for everyone, too high and no one will hire you. I found my rates and project scopes through my own trial and error. Be smart and honest with the potential client on what you can actually deliver and then help them fill in the gaps of what you cant do by reaching out to your own network. I realized that business is never set in stone but more of an educated guess at best and a lot of BS at worst.

Sorry not what you were looking for, but i think you need to think about reframing the question for yourself. Good luck