NEW KICKS :: latest purchase

Nike Air Rolston mid.

never seen that^. very fresh.

R

Picked up two more pairs of HELM boots (HelmHandmade.com / based out of Austin, TX / handmade in Turkey from European materials). Brings me up to 4 pairs of their boots, sheesh.

The “Jarmon II” low (I also have the taller “Jarmon I” tall)

The “Timmy Bob” in black

Their stuff is spot on. Love the aesthetic, attention to detail, quality, and craft. Great owner and staff too.

R, I also picked up two pair of colored laces from them too, purple and red.

Just back from a friends wedding in Chennai. Had been assured everyone would be wearing the traditional outfits including shoes and these were the plainest non jeweled ones I could find. In the end the only people wearing this style had been on the plane out with me.

I picked up a pair of these over the weekend. Man are they fun to run in. Lightweight and super comfortable.

You gotta try my SKORA shoes :slight_smile:

R

PS. Saw these being made at the lamination fty in China last trip. neat process.

something for spring/summer…

Picked up some Converse First String JP Johnny’s today with tortoise shell eyelets from Darkside Initiative.
http://darksidestore.blogspot.com/
Unknown-3.jpeg
Unknown-4.jpeg

Saucony Kinvara 3’s for all your runners out there. Just got back from a run in them and I am very pleased.

i saw that those just came out, i had been meaning to get a pair of them but just never pulled the trigger. im running in minimalist/barefoot shoes now but wanted to go back to something like them to split with the barefoots.

might get a pair of those or the newest free 3.0’s

I’m afraid to go right into minimalist shoes because I’m not sure how much heel I’m using when I run. Don’t want to damage myself.

I guarantee that these are the PERFECT transition. It’s not too much of a heel drop but it feels very minimal. And so light. These might help me transition into the New Balance minimus that I’ve been dying to try.

I recommend the Kinvaras. I love them to death. Might get another pair just to walk in. Haven’t tried the 3.0’s yet.

I just ordered these to replace a pair of my Onitsukas.

Hi,

after spending some days in a “cabin in the woods” in Czechia, where we neither had phone or internet,
I was able to pick up some nice new pairs of dress shoes at a source, that I didn’t know about before.

The Naot Outlet store in Selb (Porcellain City). Between overly conservative stuff the also had those:

The Naot Baron, which is a nice fit with Jeans and a Sports Jacket.

They describe the upper material as “italian leather”, which I can’t relate to, but I can tell you they
use high quality thick Napa leather, indeed.

I was so pleased with the shop, that I purchased another, more conventional pair, also:

They are a little wide for my liking, but as I don’t have to ‘heel and toe’ an italian sportscar anymore, they’ll suit
me fine on workdays in the office.

mo-i

Just for the record and to set it straight:

The material of the Naot Baron is not “high quality thick nappa”.

I had the possibility to second guess their use of the term"italian leather"
as a rather small leaf stick went straight through it this afternoon.

Really it is a thin layer of leather on a foamy vinyl? texture material, that
I have already tried to bring back together here.
Genuine-italian-leather-nao.jpg
If I hadn’t bought it as a reduced pair in their outlet I’d happily return them

mo-i

Finally picked up a pair of Converse Seekers, the last shoe I designed there:

I was looking for a general kick around shoe for working at the shop that I could also ride my motorcycle in. These all looked promising.

But I just received and tried them on; not one pair fit correctly; all were too tight . In truth, I wear an 11.5 Wide and none of these were offered in half sizes so I suppose I shouldn’t be too disappointed. I “bracketed” the order; ordering a size above, but still no luck. They’re all going back. :frowning:

I understand that shoes in these price points can’t be sized in half-sizes, but it’s still a major disappointment when you can’t get what you want “off the shelf”. I hate to think that I will have to order bespoke tennies…

I’m curious. What lasts do you guys build these from? They can’t possibly be sized to “american” feet.

PF Flyers Grounders II

Palladium Pompa Hi

Hi-Tec Retro Enviro Mid WP

bummer. The lasts tend to be overly sleek. They always have for shoes like Chucks and PF Flyers. Unfortunately our feet get widens as we mature. I have a very narrow foot and I’ve noticed the fit of shoes changing on me over the last few years, I assume it is the onslaught of the ages…

I’m surprised the Hi-Tecs were narrow though! Those are typically built around a roomy boot last. The sleeker “toe lasted” jobs you selected might run a little tighter. When they do that process the fit can differ if a person with stinger arms makes the pair, depending on how tight they pull the leather down…

Nike Free Run 3. Just picked em up.

Bought a piar of these badboy in TKYO last week and ÂŁ20 cheaper than in the UK @ ÂŁ50. I think the black/black version is easily one of my favorite Nike NSW shoes in the last couple of years.
Minimal design, amazing looking midsole and a injected footbed which means you can where them without sock.
Hats defiantly go off to Dylan Raasch for managing to get this through the design reviews for this one. I bet it was hard. So simple but so on point. Although I’m not a fan of the coloured midsole versions of this shoe. I have seen that Nike will be releasing a woven version which I almost certainly be copping.

The designer Dylan Raasch interview, great read, process and sketch skills and execution

Screen shot 2012-07-16 at 21.17.17.png
ROSHERUN-BLKWHT-32712-3-1000.jpg

1 Like

Nice, that woven version is hot.