Your first car? / Car history?

IMG_3154.jpg
'77 Dodge Aspen. First Car. My dad bought it for $500 from a guy that used it for towing. V8, RWD. Engine ran like butta, AC was the best I’ve ever experienced in a car. A few minor faults: the turn signal lever got lose and eventually would spontaneously trigger the horn. One night I was coming home from work around midnight and it had a nice long 30 second honk before I could get it to stop. Also, the driver side window wouldn’t roll down all the way. Good car to promote humility.
1988-Chevrolet-Nova-For-Sale-1988-20110917065711.jpg
'88 Nova. My college car. $500 also. Rebadged corolla, but the body has much nicer proportions IMO. I especially like the shape of the rear trunk. Simple, minimal interior. I miss minimal, open interiors. I guess having 15 airbags protect me is nice, but I like to see out the windows as well. Finally died when the auto transmission did. Engine would have run forever.

Current Car. Again, simple minimal aesthetics. A friendly box with a soft wrapping shoulder. I particularly like the composition of the back. Nimble 4WD great for college road trips between Oregon, Utah, and Arizona. The current and next gen CR-V are dead to me, lost to the plague of bulbous crossovers and more of a volvo knockoff than a CR-V.