Why did you choose your school?

Choice: Iowa State University

Back Story: I went to ISU initially for a bachelors in “pre-vet” and after 2 years was very sick of the major and the idea of it as a possible career. While I was a freshman, my dorm was filled with design students and I went to them after looking into the college of design here and started the CORE program that is offered for design students (first year CORE program, then get accepted into your major). I hadn’t thought of the possibility of changing schools when changing majors and basically stuck with it. Before completion of the CORE program we were informed that Industrial Design was going to be added to the college of design, I had an understanding of what it was from a friend in architecture who has an uncle in the business and basically knew what I wanted to do. Then… summer I was accepted!

So now I’m currently one of 19 of the first students to be graduating in 2013 with a bachelors in Industrial Design (called INDD here, interior design is ID :frowning:) and it’s been fun starting as a class with basically nothing, this semester our shop should be completely finished and I’m excited to finally start working with some quality machines!