What music?

Lucinda’s okay. Crescent City by her is classic though.

Thinkin’ more like “Passionate Kisses”, made popular by Mary Chapin Carpenter.

They just don’t make music like they used too.

Lew and mrtwills, you should check out Sonia Leigh. Fairly young but has a hell of a bluesy folky voice and guitar.

Right now I’m liking this group called Duo Denim. A couple of guys from Portland. They don’t really fit into a convenient genre :

Justin, missed your post… thanks!

Definitely a stand-and-deliver, Joplin-esque, old soul bubbling up in there.

Lew,

She is pretty bad ass. I saw her live couple months ago. She did not disappoint.

Another great songwriter to check out is Jeffrey Foucault. You can tell he has influences of Townes Van Zandt, Guy Clark, and the good ole Steve Earl.

J

Today I’m listening to these guys, El Ten Eleven

love this song, wish there was more where this came from. hopefully in the future there will be. they’re playin in oakland on the 20th

when i’m sketchin i’ve been listening to music like that, Fire for Light by Blue Sky Black Death, and Kites by Geographer. Artists like M83 and Ratatat help my work flow while maintaining concentration

I can’t get enough of this lately…

http://grooveshark.com

I have really been into Sigur Ros lately. I just wish I could understand the lyrics but for me it’s great even if I can’t.

Binge addition to get ready for 2013:

The Mars Volta: Noctourniquet
Kimbra: Vows
Muse: The 2nd Law
Neil Young With Crazy Horse: Psychedelic Pill
Meek Mill: Dreams and Nightmares

I can’t stop listening to P.O.S. We Don’t Even Live Here
So good.

Now that I think about it, I go through phases with music I listen to while working. For a while I was doing really fast metal stuff. The tempo seemed to keep me moving forward. There’s also this french electro-dance group called Yelle that keeps me energized and positive. Lately I’ve been listening to this internet radio stream called “chillout lounge” that is all electronic ambient stuff.

An album that I’ve had in rotation lately is the last smashing pumpkins record, Oceania. I disliked most of the stuff they did after Mellon Collie, but this one is not bad at all.

I usually try to listen to lyric-less tunes while working to keep my thoughts in line but Macklemore’s Thrift Store has been an exception…

Fixed your youtube link for you.

i haven’t decided if i really like Macklemore’s stuff yet or not, i think production is pretty good, just not yet sure if i like his emcee-ing style, feel like some times he nails it and other times he has some really lame lines. i dont take note of much hip hop anymore though, so ill give him credit that he caught my ear a few times.

For a while I was doing really fast metal stuff. The tempo seemed to keep me moving forward.

Absolutely heavy metal, and not an single electric cord used. Mnzozil Brass is an Austrian touring band. If you ever get the chance to go to a performance… take it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp86TwKXfVg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyMGYNqqqrI

Ana Vidovic, decidedly not heavy metal. Great studio music, for me anyway.

right now i’m listening to the david essex track rock on’ : - YouTube

like a good portfolio, i’ve great respect for a well produced album - one that has a good mix of hard and soft elements, analog and digital especially when they are combined well together. i mostly like downtempo and techno ambient music

sketching and cad : tosca - no hassle, thievery corporation - mirror conspiracy, cafe del mar 7, cantoma - out of town, zero 7 - simple things, santana - supernatural

workshop gr!nd : queens of the stoneage - (self titled album),queens of the stoneage and r, sublime - (self titled album), the pixies - doolittle, faith no more - the real thing

chillaxin’ rock : nirvana - mtv unplugged in new york, crowded house - temple of low men, radiohead - the bends, r.e.m - out of time, coldplay - a rush of blood to the head

space out/ambient stuff : adam shaikh & tim floyd - drift, william orbit - strange cargo 3, bladerunner soundtrack, omnimotion - dream wide awake, marconi union - distance, kendall station - nebulae and gridlock

techno ambient : sounds from the ground - luminal, portishead - dummy, kid loco - a grand love story, global underground - exposures, global underground - afterhours 1 & 2, tricky - maxinquaye, massive attack - protection

techno ambient compilations : freezone 2, cafe del mar 5, nightmares on wax - latenighttales, mgmt - latenighttales, café mambo ibiza 09, zero 7 - another late night, thievery corporation - d.j. kicks, kruder & dorfmeister - d.j. kicks, erlend oye d.j. kicks, kid loco - another late night,

feel good songs i can’t stop listening to at the moment :

roscoe - midlake

washed out - eyes be closed

Big fan of washed out!