Best thing I ever ate

Sound fantastic!! Tell us more.

I don’t think I could pick just one meal, there’s too many amazing foods out there… here are some interesting ones off the top of my head:

A new one to me moving here to the UK is a good Sunday Roast - Especially at a pub that takes real care in the meal… it’s usually a big slab of roast pork, Beef, or lamb surrounded by Yorkshire pudding, potatoes, parsnips, gravy, and assorted veg. A good one is amazing!

some others would be a good steak (bife de chorizo) in Buenos Aires with peri-peri and caprese salad on the side, maybe a good Mendoza wine along with it. Why else go to Argentina?

Another amazing steak experience out of N Spain is a Chuletón, best found at Siderias. It’s a thick flavorful steak dinner at a hard cider house where you can help yourself to the drinks from giant 12ft diameter barrels. It’s a great meal, and it’s interactive!

Justin - I’m out of NC too, and the BBQ pork down there is pretty special… especially the vinegar style (not the tomato sauce type out of some confused counties). I keep planning to have a proper pig pickin out here one of these days :wink: Maybe my parents can send me some of that sauce…

tons of others, but I could go on and on…

I heading to Cali win country next week. I hope to have a lot to put into this thread.

Spick yak pizza in Lhasa, Tibet. Yak - it’s the other red meat.

Bone marrow from Longman & Eagle in Chicago! I never thought eating out of a femur could be so delicious. Wash that down with an Old Fashioned and you are set. (I lifted these beautiful pics from the internets)

bone marrow.jpg

Took a trip out to San Fran and wine country last month. Here are a couple of the fantastic meals that I had. First is a Crab Cake Benedict from the Eagle Cafe on the wharf and the second is a fantastic Burger from a small cafe in Glenn Ellen called the Fig Cafe. This was the first restaurant started by the chef that now owns the famous Girl and the Fig.
5996003889_70c5e4ea39.jpg
00014xbf.jpeg

I completely forgot about this post… I apologize for the crappy Blackberry photo

Well, it was yuzu sorbet encased in a white chocolate sphere. When the warm cranberry sauce was poured over the sphere in an “X” shape it blossomed like a flower… Stunning.

Breakfast:

Bouchon - Las Vegas

OEUF AU GRATIN

egg, hanger steak, and baby shitake mushrooms with caramelized onions and potatoes

The perfect combination of crispy cheese and runny egg

Another one from San Fran. Cafe Des Amis. I had the Mussels with fries, but the best thing we ate was this platter to Pate. Freak’n Fantastic!!

Thanks for the suggestion Yo!!
Screen shot 2011-12-18 at 11.00.05 PM.png

Looks yummy… . my triglyceride count went up another 25 points just looking at this stuff. :wink:

I was staying with some Beduins in Israel / West bank area and we had fantastic meals, chicken, lamb, lots of veggies, but it was amazing.

I want to try Alinea in Chicago I hear it’s alright… :wink:

Foie gras is always good, Dry Aged stakes, Qual and Dove are tasty too… I’ll think of a few places I like to hit.

When I was young in Sweden we would get Whale (blue maybe), if you like stakes it will knock your socks off.

Hope PETA doesn’t read this post… :unamused:

[ Deleted ]

I am a foodie as well who loves to cook, travel around and explore. Some of my favorite gems have been dives off the beaten path. One such place is Supermarket Acapulco Tropical, Inc. That has a hidden restaurant in the back. The food is authentic and absolutely amazing! You can’t go wrong with tacos al pastor…

Wagyu! I so love the taste and tenderness of the beef! A must try!!

I second the Wagyu, had it in Morioka Japan. The second best steak I had was in restaurant Wildkogel, Bramberg, made from fresh game. It’s a 50-50 tie really. I also recommend Fesenjoon/Fesenjan, a Persian dish, it tastes a bit like a chicken satay but much more refined having the cold/warm taste balance with fruits and herbs of the Persian kitchen.

I also had a 1000-year old egg once, it doesn’t taste like much and they can market it already like that if it has been under the ground 11-12 years or so.

Im glad to revisit this since its been ~8 years since my previous post.

Best dish I’ve ever had was a goat curry from Chico Feo in Folly Beach SC. Even with all the travels and wonderful meals I’ve had over the years - this was the most memorable and flavorful dish I have experienced. I ate it consistently 4 days in a row and still dream about it.

Think there is a slight chance its still there?

I think this is it. Still looks to be there. Have no idea if it’s still as good as I remember it, or it was also the time and place in my life that contributed.

R

I went on a bit of a culinary tour in Greece last summer. What stood out (beside the mountain town Kastraki where it is) is restaurant Πρωτάτο / Protato, especially the imam. This is an eggplant dish that also comes canned but I haven’t tasted it anywhere as good as there. When visiting Greece also try Bougatsa pastry and loukoumades.

First time I ever had seared Ahi tuna. Roy’s on the Big Island of Hawaii. I was 17, and it was a life altering experience.