idsa.org - take a second look

First I want to throw out there that Tim I applaud you for bringing this up. We have invited numerous IDSA members/staff to join in these conversations but only you and Warren will join us.

I think this is what starts my frustration with IDSA. I see a very big lack of acknowledgment into what we the designers feel are the problems. We have laid them out many times here in these forum. I have personally tried to get involved and tried to create a section and found that there is no interest in one of the biggest area of ID packaging/pop. I went to a town hall meeting at IDSANYC at the end of the year to discuss plans for the new year and only 4 people showed up. 4 PEOPLE!!! All officers and me! That is sad. How is it that on one of the largest cities for ID only 4 people show up for a year planning meeting. This is an even that everyone should be at. I walked out deflated as I voiced my opinion and was told that we got discounts on zip car other discounts and then discussed the Christmas party. This is crap I don’t care about. That is not value. I ask how do you make me come from Hackettstown NJ to NYC (45 miles) to mingle and want to be at your meetings? Right now there is no answer to that.

I said I was not going to turn this into a bitch thread, but I can’t do this anymore. I believe that IDSA could be great, but it is going to take a tone of work.

J

Edit: I would love to see IDSA run a bitch session for us to all come out in each region an voice why we all feel they are not living up to the expectations. I think they would learn a lot from our candid feedback.