idsa.org - take a second look

PackageID - Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

I don’t think IDSA should want to draw designers to their site in the same way as Core77. In fact I think IDSA draws more businesses trying to figure out what ID is to it’s site versus Core77. It is a conduit for those outside the profession to understand us better. Core77. is kind of our clubhouse. It is where we can talk to ourselves. The IDSA web site also seems to be to building a platform where academia and business can better connect on content.

As I mentioned above I am involved in both and honestly want them to remain separate in their goals and visions. I am glad they work together but having multiple methods of connection and involvement will ultimately help the profession. Again, this is not an us versus them topic.

As an analogy, since moving back to the US I watch many international news channels to figure out the real story versus relying on one voice as I have recognized that any single voice is slanted in one way. Having multiple voices allows you to figure out where what is really going on. Same with ID, I belong to IDSA, am switching from DMI to PDMA, am involved at Core77 and at multiple groups at LinkedIn, look at more than ninety bookmarked links to design topic and design organizations around the world. I don’t want my information to come from one place. History has proved what that gets you.