Is this a bottle, or a can?

http://www.tradesparq.com/products/38729/Lychee-Flavour-Aerated-Drinks-manufacturers

Awesome, a PET pot with a crimped aluminum lid…how they seal the two air/liquid tight is the question!

It’s a PETE can. The only thing of the structure that’s a bottle is the petaloid base. This structure seals like a can whereas the plastic body is rolled with the aluminum lid. Under the lid, in the seam is a compound to assist in sealing the fitment. PET normally gases out of time, so I can’t imagine these superior in seal over an aluminum bodied can.

My point exactly - with these vastly mixed materials I wonder what kind of adhesive or bonding agent they would use that would be FDA and NSF approved. Interesting stuff.

it sucks…(taste)

but i bought it just for the can…

I wonder if it’s a canttle or a bottan?

Each supplier will have a different formulation based on their own research. Generally, it is a waterbased epoxy phenolic/polyester. The lining compound is really just used to function as a gasket preventing oxygen ingress. There are no adhessive properties to the lining compound.

oh the things we ingest. :slight_smile:

Generally, it is a waterbased epoxy phenolic/polyester. The lining compound is really just used to function as a gasket preventing oxygen ingress.

Well, I suppose it beats a goat-skin bota.

What a horrible design, it makes recycling harder for two very recyclable existing products.

No it doesn’t, you just let it hang in the tree until it rots away. . … . :wink:

Seriously… I totally agree.

Maybe it’s a Ban.

Most definitely a Ban

I see those only in the stores of Chinatown here. Do they use this sort of packaging a lot in Asia?

Most Asian cultures prefer to see what they’re purchasing/consuming. They also have the perception that clarity of the product has a relationship to how healthy the product is for you. This is why Sprite is the number one selling brand for Coca-Cola in China and most beverages are clear or close to it.