Designer: Mary Grace Jeslynn Binarao
Industrial Design Program UPVCC
University of the Philippines

Here’s a photoshop rendered version :smiley:

Designer: Andre Lou
Industrial Design Program UPVCC
University of the Philippines

Below

This was my first time at a challenge, and I think I did a little more than an hour sketching, but hey I’m a 1 year student so I’m still learning, after some rough sketches I ended up choosing these 2…

I was trying to combine the gun body with the water charge in one piece, so I thought why not to put the water charge in the grip, so I sketched some ideas I´d had, and drew the side view and perspective of those.

I think I did a little more than an hour sketching,

I don’t think you are alone… . … :wink:

Had another go, this one uses a rotary action instead of a linear pump. The faster you turn the handle, the more powerful the stream. The body is almost entirely reserved for the impeller and waterreservoir, the nozzle has three settings, continuous, long bursts and short bursts. On top is a large diameter filler opening closed of by a quick release lever. The back of the body is transparent, serves as a watergauge and has the thread for the removable butt. The design probably works best with the screw-in butt, you’d have a better hold on the thing. All in all another fun hour!

Cool to see all the UP_ID work!

@Waikit: The photoshop coloring and grunge effects make the sketches really pop, have to try that :).

Had to try this out, a Super Soaker that has a hidden light source behind the nozzle, lighting up the water steam when fired (hopefully kids won’t run around when it’s pitch dark and trip though!)

OK, I had been wanting to enter this for a bit, but finally had a chance to sketch my idea out.

The key to winning a water gun fight is never running out of water. When super soaker came out in the late 80’s early 90’s they combined a lot of water storage with the ability to propel a large volume of it by compressing it via a pump action, all at a premium price. They were much more expensive than your average water gun.

This concept captures those principles while taking it to another level with a collaboration with Camelbak. A large Camelback pack is the water storage. Water is pumped into the gun and compressed in the chamber via a pump action handle.

Awesome Idea Yo.

I wanted to get in on this but just had an operation on the meaty muscle on my right thumb on Friday, so my sketching skills are probably sub 50% at the moment.

My idea is a multi-directional super soaker with a four way trigger. Pull normally to shoot forward, press forward to shoot back and then left and right to shoot those ways. I was thinking a full arm sleeve with jets along the left and right of the forearm and then the forward one like spiderman’s web shooter and the back one coming from the elbow, maybe with a belt tank system.

I’ll have a go at sketching it the day of the submission. Maybe left handed 4th grader sketching. :smiley:

Is the deadline midnight on the 31st, US eastern time?

Here’s my second submission:

Yo, I take your idea of a back mounted water reservoir, and give you shin backup tanks and SHOULDER CANNONS!!

What the heck, I’ll throw mine in the ring as well.
Unfortunately, it took me a little longer than an hour, but oh well, here it is in all its glory.
Little Halo, little Resistance, little of this, little of that…

C