Are all TV Remote Controls bad?

Anyone use the Harmony remotes. I have one and really like it. For me, the biggest problem with a remote is the inter-operability with other electronics. At my house, I have a stereo, TV, DVD player and cable box that I have to control. Some of the controls let me use 2-3 of the devices, but never all of them. Also, the controls do not have all of the controls I need. At least, the Harmony controls everything. My only complaint in my system is that the sound control is very coarse. I often use my stereo remote to control the sound.

The big breakthrough with the Harmony is that you can combine functions in the LCD menu. Therefore, I can set up “watch TV” to power on my TV, stereo and cable box and then switch the inputs to that function. It reduces the job of 2-3 remotes and 8 button pushes into one. Pretty powerful.

Interestingly, from the wikipedia:

The Harmony remote control was originally created in 2001 by Easy Zapper, a Canadian company, and first sold in November 2001.[3] The company later changed its name to Intrigue Technologies and was located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Computer peripheral manufacturer Logitech acquired it in May 2004 for US$29 million.

Yet another Canadian innovation that the Canadians were not brave enough to exploit.

Also, I like Bang and Olufsen remotes. They just love tossing buttons at problems. Wow. No idea how easy it is use though:/