Best thing I ever ate

This is great!! Just what I was looking for when I put this post. I didn’t know if anyone would reply, but hey we all love food. Some of mine are a bit cliche as well, but a region does not become know for a food for no reason.

1. The best breakfast I ever had was in San Francisco at fisherman’s wharf. I cannot remember the name of the restaurant, bit it was to die for. Two nice size fresh crab cakes, poached eggs, hollandaise sauce…hmmm I am getting hungry just thinking about it. And given that we were right there on the water just made it even better.

2. Still seafood. When I was in college down in Savannah there was this dive called the Crab shack right outside of town headed towards the beach. There was no real advertisements or billboards for it, only a few plywood sings point you to this dive on the marsh. When you arrive you see a big parking lots, few decent sized decks over the marsh with plastic tables (with whole in the middle for you trash) and a decent size bar. We always got the same thing, the low country bowl. It would come out on these stainless steel large platers much like a garbage pail lid on top of newspaper piled high with crab, crawfish, sausage, clams, shrimp, corn, and probably other goodness I am leaving out. This would be enough for the table and never disappointed.

3. The best Italian I have ever had always been a small Italian place around the corner from my house. The make everything fresh and from scratch including the pasta. As you walk in you can see into the kitchen where you see a father and son cooking in a very small kitchen. This is a place that you go to relax and make a night out of dinner. It takes a bit of time but everything there is worth it. I don’t know if I can pick out one dish.

4. As I grew up down south I couldn’t write this list out with out some pulled pork, or barbecue, as we call it. My all time favorite barbecue joint has to be J&G’s Barbecue in Burlington NC. I grew up with this place and it has been passed down from generation to generation. They full pigs and use a very traditional eastern NC vinegar based sauce. Every time I go down to visit family I always bring at least a pint home.

Those are just a few of my favorites. Lets keep them coming.