Op-Ed: Chinese-inspired design is the future of design

I’ll take that as a sincere question. I won’t start an off-topic section because I don’t think how I spend my time is all that interesting or beneficial.

About why I take the time to write this much: even if I’m pretty sure about something, I still spend the time to research the people, look up their backgrounds/stories, events, spelling, and re-read and edit my posts and re-read other people’s posts, because I take what I write seriously and I try to leave assumptions and prejudices at the door. In my experience, only when I’m backed up by solid research will readers appreciate what I’m trying to say. If I made a mistake about a historical fact, it often detracts from the conversation and I lose credibility–same as a journalist (although I’m not one). Moreover, I spend the time to think and process everyone’s responses in my head until I have a roughed-out answer which I’m satisfied with and I think will benefit the conversation, and then I type it up with edits. That aside, I have spent the last two years thinking about the future direction of design and where I want to take it, and I have an answer that’s be built over time to be solid in my mind. It makes for clear-mindedness and–unfortunately–very long answers. Like this one. :wink: