Why are the new American Muscle Cars so Blocky???

Scott: The street interpretations of racing technology is always pretty sketchy. Look at wheels or the massive wings on 130hp Civics or mammoth fog lights on Subarus or fake vents on Jaguars.

J6: I think I understand what you are talking about better. Now that I’ve seen your version of the Challenger, I really want that little chamfer you put along the side near the bottom. That really lightens the body. Gives it a channeled look.

As others have said, your bumpers could probably not work. There just isn’t enough left to provide protection. Also, I believe the radiators are mounted low, even in a Challenger, so the front bumper has to extend lower to enclose it.

Sanjy: I like your thinking. I’ve often wondered what a Challenger or Camaro might be like at 3/4 scale with a V6. Most of the real estate in these cars is wasted space anyways. Surely, one could chop a foot off the length and 6 inches in width and maintain the interior volume. With less weight, the performance could be maintained as well. I think it’s just easier to market a big V8 coupe in the US. I know that I have no respect for something like a Mitsubishi Eclipse with it’s 3.6L V6. Mind you, that is a FWD girls car…