NEW KICKS :: latest purchase

i second the notion!

start it up then :sunglasses: i brought up the idea, someone else needs to show support and start it, haha.

Converse Sicks by yo. Been playing a few times in them and they’re holding up well.

Jordan 1 Retro High

Air Structure Triax 91

Air Max 90 current Haurache Pr “Bacons” My favorite joints!

i tried these on yesterday at my local shop and really liked them. The owner is going to see if they’ll give me a mixed sized pair (my left foot is almost 1.5 sizes larger, suck eh?).

I don’t know much about Tretorn other than they look to be Swedish and owned by Puma.
47208903.jpg

Jsteed, I have a pair of those as well but the Cement print and black and blue ones!!! I absolutely love them, they are so damn comfy!

I saw that Kopenhagens were being rereleased so thought it was time to replace the tired old pair

hufquakes

Time for some NB representation!

Picked up these Maddens this weekend

Got these in the mail yesterday from one of my designers back at Converse. :wink:

The Baseline, designed by Nancy Lin, one of the last seasons I worked on the design direction of One Star

photo1.JPG

First off, I’m not really a shoe guy. I’ve know about this brand and these models for a couple years now, but I also knew about their $460+ price tags, and regardless of my lust, I won’t pay that much for shoes, but that is just me.

But, they just went on a giant clearance sale, and I got these for a steal… didn’t even realize their headquarters was in Austin, or that it was exactly 2 short blocks away in my neighborhood.

Helm Handmade
http://www.helmhandmade.com
“Designed in Austin, handmade in Istanbul, with leather from Holland and Australia, and soles from Italy and France”

Helm Handmade “Jarmon I” tall boots… last pair they had, and in my size.

Helm Handmade “Ray Ray” shoes/boots… grabbed the last pair in my size

Nice looking boots Taylor.
Ive always loved the look of boots like this though i dont think i could pull them off.

Hot boots!

R

I just picked a up a pair of these Diemme from Italy. Been eyeballing these for a while and now that they went on sale, I had to go for it.
Being a total Alp romantic, I am loving the hiking-boot detail on a smooth sneaker.

On a related note, I have notised that quite a few brands are using the same sole such as sneakers by Filippa K, Common Projects, LV and also aforementioned Diemme. Is this an indication that they came out of the same factory?

It is a tooling issue. Those brands are not selling 60k plus units per season per model, so they can’t afford to manufacture a custom outsole/midsole. So they purchase one from a manufacturer, have it shipped to whichever factory they prefer.

Cool, thanks for the explanation.

No problem… and nice pick up, those are cool by the way. Same with Taylor, those boots are awesome, though I must imagine you’ll be saving them for when it is cooler in Austin! :wink:

I used to tell myself that it was just because I worked for a footwear company… now I know I have a problem… I <3 shoes. Latest pick ups, a pair of Nike Free Run+ 2’s, Vans Authentics, and a pair of John Fluevog casual wingtips… I can’t help it…