Why did you choose your school?

I chose my school because I had no other choice. However, one of the factors in choosing the school was that it was in Dublin, the lively and culturally interesting capital city of Ireland. There’s also a ferry terminal there, so if things in Ireland turned out to be completely dire, I could get a trip to England or France. So overall, it was quite a holistically based choice :wink:

I doubt whether any of you have heard of my programme, B.Sc. Product Design in Dublin Institute of Technology. However, a few of my classmates are competing against students from DAAP in Cincinatti and Tsinghua in China, in Staples Eco Easy Challenge (Eco Easy Challenge - they are Team Bolton)

It just shows that it doesn’t matter what school you go to. What matters is your attitude, your life experience, your skills and motivation. We have a decent library facility and good engineering and marketing lecturers. Also, there are few artist/design collectives in Dublin. If one asks these lecturers and collectives questions and shows work for criticism, one can get a wealth of feedback and knowledge. This approach worked pretty well for me. I made a positive impression on a couple of designers and architects in Vancouver, Canada, so overall I’m quite happy with my school experience.