Cameron Nielsen - 2016 Update in progress

Disclaimer: I’m aware of the web site usability issues. I just put differently sized portfolio images in the web site, and I haven’t updated the interface yet. I’m going to eliminate the captions below the images. You can download the PDF if you like. Thanks to Tarngerine for the specific advice on how to adapt to the new image content. =)

I thought the intro page told the story? Babies don’t want to play with their toys, they play with real products. Aftermarket metal keys can be unsafe for a baby to put their mouth on, so I did a weekend project designing a family of metal baby keys.

My intro/research page must not do a good enough job communicating the story? There were several existing platforms to design for. I selected the largest/most powerful to design for users who want a more quality audio experience when at home, but want that quality audio to seamlessly integrate with their mobile device. I’m waiting to re-render the speakers before I add back in some explanatory graphics like bluetooth, etc. How would you better communicate this story?

Agree on the sketches. I need to update that page still.

Maybe I should rename the subtitle? It was based on personal observation, and then validated with a survey and the models. I’m addressing trash take-out, since other aspects (bag storage and installation) have been dealt with extensively.

Do you find the idea or the execution lacking? I love the idea, the execution is still in progress.