What are you reading?

Finished:
1776 by David McCullough
The Art of Innovation by Tim Brown

Now reading The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil by Philip Zimbardo, the guy behind the Stanford Prision Experiment.

I’m currently reading “Ghost Rider” by Neil Peart. The drummer from Rush hopped on his motorcycle and rode all around North America after his daughter and wife died within a year of each other: Amazon.com

Millenium series is on my hit list. Also got Ayn Rand in the Kindle queue as well as “Delivering Happiness” by Tony Hsieh…the founder of Zappos: Amazon.com

I should also mention that I’m currently reading the Harry Potter series to my daughter. We’re on “The Prisoner of Azkaban” right now. I highly recommend them.

Read an introduction to Padgett Powell’s novel, “The Interrogative Mood”. Going to read the whole book if I will manage to order it.

http://www.amazon.com/Interrogative-Mood-Novel-Padgett-Powell/dp/0061859419

“The Slap” by Christos Tsiolkas. I find almost every character repulsive, but it’s a very well written book to be able to convey this.

I reread Carl Jung’s “The Undiscovered Self” and still didn’t agree with anything in it. Oh well.

I’m going to revisit “Fahrenheit 451” because I’m running out of dystopian movies/tv shows to watch and I need my fix :stuck_out_tongue:

I might do that too. I can’t wait until the HP8 director is done so he can get working on that Giver movie.

Well, after Santa’s visit, I now have Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand), Corelli’s Mandolin (Louis de Bernieres), The Goblet of Fire (JK Rowling), and Blink (Malcolm Gladwell) to read. I need a babysitter.

Get it on!

Just finished: Shop Class as Soulcraft by Matthew Crawford

http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Class-Soulcraft-Inquiry-Value/dp/0143117467/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293473993&sr=8-1

Really great stuff and very inspiring. I’d recommend it to any one who works.

Just finished Gladwell’s The Tipping Point, and Richard Dredge’s The World’s Worst Concept Cars (decent coffee table book for flipping through and getting inspiration of what not to do.)

Just started Paul Hawken’s The Ecology of Commerce

Some of my friends and I passed around the audiobook not too long ago, got some good stuff in there for sure.

Just finished The Fountainhead by Rand. Overlong & overwrought, but satiating like a big meal on a cold nite

I like to get as many of my books as first ed or with a really neat cover, and Ayn Rand is nearly impossible to find used. I read half of fountain head and moved and lost my copy. I love Gladwell.

Been hitting the sci fi hard:

Machine of Death: A collection of stories about people who know how they will die, edited by Ryan North, Matthew Bennardo, and David Malki

Forever War by Joe Haldeman

Ender In Exile, Speaker for The Dead, and Xenocide all by Orson Scott Card (I read Ender’s Game as a kid, but never any of the follow ups, halfway through Xenocide now)

Next up is Labyrinths by Jorge Luis Borges… I read a lot when I travel, and I’ve been traveling a lot…

I am currently reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

on the pile:

Evil Plans by Hugh McLeod
the book by Michael J Fox…can’t remember the name of it and it is at home
Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
a bunch of others…but can’t think of them at the moment

Been reading a lot lately.

In the last week or so:

Children’s Hospital
Chris Adrian
Published by McSweeny’s, so you know it’s excellent. It’s long though.

Beatrice and Virgil
Yann Martel
Guy who wrote Life of Pi. Interesting, a bit odd.

Fever Chart
Bill Clotter
Another one published by McSweeny’s. Really good. Read all 305 pages in a day - hard to put down.

Now reading -

Motherless Brooklyn
Jonathan Lethem
Half way done. Good, modern type detective story… will probably finish tonite.

R

The Affluent Society by John Kenneth Galbraith

The Tao of Wu by RZA

great one… “the book that launched a thousand companies”. (It has some intimidating thickness however)

I just finished “the secret life of software objects.” it was OK