A new design organization?

bcpid and I want totally different organizations. He wants to mix it up with business types, I do that all day and it’s the last thing I want from a design organization. I think the issue is more that the current organization tends to try to be all things to all people satisfying none.

Do you really want to learn about six sigma from a design organization. I do not. I want it to be about design, for design, by design. Curating our past, explaining our present, and shaping our future. My list is simple:

1)Past: History of design, major players, how it effected culture from the industrial revolution to today, how that relates to what we do now

2)Pressent: How to hire designers, how to build design into an integral part of your organization, design firm start up kit (contracts, legal stuff, blah, blah), design awards, design networking, PR for design as a creative discipline that has massive cultural impact

3)Future: defining design education, student mentorship program, thought leadership

before anyone says IDSA already does this, if it really did, I wouldn’t have had to write this.