anything but (drumroll)..........IDSA

I understand your point yo. A big part of me wonders if, at least in the context of PD, the old job titles disappear. All the functions are so interdependent and I can’t be the only “designer” operating in all these spaces to some degree. I often struggle with explaining what exactly I do, because it isn’t really that fixed. I understand someone always needs to have the styling skills or the tool design knowledge or business case study knowledge. But in PD, it seems like the walls between are very fuzzy at best, and functional overlap is high. I really believe in a decade there will be very few designers that spend more than a third or fourth of their time doing the traditional ID work that used to pretty clearly define ID. We’re all going to be product development consultants with wide net skillsets. Researchers, designers, messagers, business people. Maybe I’m wrong, but it sure feels like things are headed that way.

I like core because the discussion forums are open, and I can have a conversation like this with one of Frog’s design directors. But there are a number of PD related linkedin groups I frequent too.