anything but (drumroll)..........IDSA

Philosophically I think you are correct, but I can easily flip your argument:

The problem is, what is business? In your opinion, the design and engineering components of the development cycle aren’t business, but to me they are. Business is about making deliberate choices to solve product problems using whatever tools make sense to use…

The problem is, what is engineering? In your opinion, the design and business components of the development cycle aren’t engineering, but to me they are. Engineering is about making deliberate choices to solve product problems using whatever tools make sense to use…

You see how tricky that gets in actuality? How quickly you move away from a critical discourse about the heart of design.

What groups do I interact with? Core77, because it is the only one that gets to that heart of design. And because it does, it can also talk about things at the periphery, where the edges bleed. I assume there is a strong reason why you are here and not at some development forum?

The other group I use is the extended team at frog. 600 technologists, IxDers, IDers, GDers, Business Strategists, MEs, Software Designers… I get to nerd out with a lot of people.

Other than that, I find there is no professional organization that I feel I can really subscribe to because I have not found one tailored to my needs.