What did I just give $50 to IDSA for?

CG_ precisely!

Chevis_ I’m always open for a debate if it is something I am passionate about. Perhaps it could be on the topic of the IDSA itself :wink:

Linda_ my biggest concern with IDSA can all be summed up with this single quote: “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do” Henry Ford. Having been a former chapter chair and vice chair on the professional side, I can assure you, most professional chapters run with a similar level of autonomy. I’m also close friends with several ex-chairs across the country, and all have the same feeling. In fact, you would be surprised how many ex-chairs are no longer even IDSA members after their experience.

So a question, would the the CMU student chapter of the IDSA have any more or less support and validity if it was just the CMU Student Design League or some such? Would it be a smaller or bigger deal?

There are a few benefits, being included in IDSA regional and national merit award winner competition perhaps? Any others? Weigh that against time spent dealing with national that could be spent creating a better org and content for your students?