What did I just give $50 to IDSA for?

Did you send this email to IDSA and if yes what response did you get? If no then I would suggest you start your conversation with them before going directly to a public forum to vent your frustration.

You joined - What were your expectations and or what were you told by IDSA what the value of your membership would be?

One thing your membership gets is access to IDSA exclusive webinars. one which our chapter will be hosting in Nov on Digital Detail Sketches for Production, and you also will have access to the 6 other webinars we put on ranging from sketching to surface modeling

I have been a strong supporter of IDSA and at the same time one of their biggest critics, but first and fore most I try to give them the opportunity to address my concerncs before expressing them in a very public domain.

If you want a mentor ship I would be more then happy to provide you with that along with many other members that I know who volunteer for that.

In the end IDSA has like any company its problems but I have seen growth and development in them since there new leadership. No it is not as fast as I would like but nothing ever is. Many things take time to change and restructure and they will not always get it right on the first try.

To finish my ramblings in order to ensure make you happy with your $50 member ship I personally will give you a free one on one sessions building a 3D model in Alias or SW / or provide you with training in Sketchbook pro… or showing you how do to a 3D photographic rendering. hell if we do it on a Saturday you can even invite your classmates and project the video conference. Now if you want the numbers I usually charge $100 - $150 per hour for custom training so in a quick 3 - 4 hour session you will have defiantly made a good investment with your $50.00. You could even charge 15 bucks a head and raise money for your student chapter to put on a larger event.
you can contact me @ chevis.watkinson@designconsortiumllc.com if you would like to set something up.

Also this is the value of IDSA, I want the society to succeed and I am willing to help new members as I can.

Chevis W.