IDSA's new web site

Agreed. I’m sure we’ve been very specific on this thread. The navigation, hierarchy, organization, type, use of words, have all been addressed. I know people hate email, and I believe that reading this thread is way more convenient… Just send a link to this thread.

Honestly, it’s at the point where there are SO many “specific criticism/suggestions” that it’d basically be another redesign of the site (which I don’t think is a bad idea). I know a recent grad was nice enough to do it, but he’s a recent grad… who came in with 0 experience with Drupal. How does IDSA get away with assigning such a vital part of itself to an intern? I don’t mean to offend the designer. He’s a recent grad and it’s completely understandable about his lack of experience. But come on, IDSA… we pay all that money each year and I’m sure you have plenty of connections in the web UX design area.

Also, this way of getting community feedback is pretty backwards. Asking for feedback after the website is completely built and “finished” is asking for trouble… changing basic elements that just dont work (like the navigation and org of content) is HELL, and is basically a redesign. IDSA should’ve been asking for our feedback since the beginning of our project? Where’s the user-centered design? Contextual inquiries?

Anyway, it’s probably not gonna change for a while.