books on sketching skliz...?

Just got Ditullo’s new book, “Analog Dreams”, in the mail today. After looking through it I was really impressed.

First off, it has a nice collection of his sketches, ranging from footwear to architecture, with a brief description of why and when they were done. Footwear sketches are awesome, and it’s nice to see them on paper rather than behind a computer screen. It makes it a lot easier, at least for me, to analyze his sketching style and to apply parts of it towards my own style :wink:

What I really liked about the book is how Ditullo explains his philosophy behind sketching. He explains what it means for him on a personal level and what it means for industrial design as a profession (really insightful information, especially for designers still in school like me).

He also provides tips for improving your sketching skills and lists the key ingredients to creating a “hot” sketch. Again, good information.

Overall, nice book. Definitely recommend it and it acts as a good source of inspiration and reference. Congrats Yo!