Anyone in china now?

Night markets are fun in Taipei, just like a lot of Asian cities. The imperial museum is interesting, but there’s lots of pottery! Never made it there, and it might not still exist, but there’s always Snake Alley… and in Guanzhou City I remember some seriously different natural history museums with stuffed animals and crazy details about the first white people who came to the area. Anyway, have fun on your trip!

go to the zoo! panda!

and get up in the morning to eat breakfast. nothing like soymilk directly out of a plastic bag (dunno if they still do that anymore). it’s tops.

Just arrived here in Taipei. Thanks for the info guys!

Michael- I actually will be in Taichung too, but only for a day, which will most likely be fully devoted to work. I just checked the hotel names on my itinerary, and it looks like I’m staying in a different hotel, not the Garden.

Travisimo- I’ve heard about the night markets from multiple people, sounds cool for sure. I think a museum is definitely on my agenda at some point during the trip too.

tarngerine- I’m gonna get breakfast tomorrow morning, so I’ll see what it’s like. :slight_smile:

I’ll let you guys know how my trip turns out.

Im currently here in Dongguan. Is there any place worth checking out?

Hi All

im going to be in China for 2 weeks from Sunday 8th aug.

Calling at:-
Ningbo 1oth
Qingdao 11th
Xiamen 13th
Jinjiang 15th
Wenzhou 18th

North at the start of the trip, south at the end.
Any advice for a one-man band would be great.

In SZ until 8/13. Near Gongming.

Anyone going to the Canton Fair? I will be there from the 31st Oct till the 4th Nov

Will be in Shenzhen near Gongming from 11/9 - 11/20.

Beers?

I may be in Shanghai during that time…

Dongguan, Houjie Copy Hiayatt!

Heading to Shanghai toady. There throughout Thursday. Staying at the URBN

Wanted to know if anyone is in Dongguan right now - staying till 20 or 21 at the Pullman and then HK for a day or two. Would be great to meet up if anyone is interested…

ni hao ma

fuzhou, shan-gorilla until 19th.

anyone around, i want to take a look around the west lake one night this week.

c

In Hong Kong again…for three weeks…

Im in Quanzhou until the end of next week. if anyone is around or knows of fun things to do on a sunday let me know.

Anyone staying at DG sheraton next two nights? I’m bored!

Back to Dongguan Jan 9-22. Anyone else there trying to get everything situated before the Chinese New Year?

Same dates for me. I’ll be near Gongming, which is between SZ and DG.

Beers?

sure! shoot me a note at nick.maloy@gmail.com

Woke up in Shenzhen yesterday and it was 39F outside - and inside.

No furnaces in the factory / office / dorms. I bought an extra thick comforter @ IKEA and flame-thrower space heater for my dorm room. It’s livable now.

I prefer the sauna of August as versus the bone-chilling cold of January in China.