Collecting Unemployment and Freelancing?

Thanks for sharing your experiences everyone. Having it bump my total benefits back a week at a time every instance I make more then my weekly benefit doesn’t sound so terrible. I’m just a little afraid that clicking “self employed” will send my benefits to a screeching halt while they determine my eligibility. I can’t afford to go without a check for more then a week or so. I just don’t have the savings to fall back on.

I wish the online system for WI had an option to enter an amount of partial wages earned for the week too, which it doesn’t appear to do. They ask you “Did you work during the week?” and “Were you self employed?” but according to my friend they don’t ask how much you earned or how many hours you worked. I guess I may have to build up the courage to call the WI unemployment office and have them clarify this for me. I might just phrase my questions as “I’m thinking about seeking out freelance projects but I am still actively seeking full time work and my ultimate goal is to find full time employment.” “How would I claim freelance assignments if I do find them?”