They just don't get it.

Similar discussion going on here:

‘Green’ is being abused now because it is a ‘buzz’ word. Suddenly everything is green. Green packaging, Bio-food, Bio-fuel…everything recycled…or so you would believe. Just look at the packages in the supermarket. Suddenly they are all green or have a green-approval-mark on them (which they created themselfs :wink:
The Green they is use mostly pure marketing bullshit. And in the best cases it’s a less bad alternative.

As for the shop…I agree partially.
I do like the concept/idea that he is selling. Do something more with something you will throw away (anyway) -and thus expand its lifecycle- But what would be even better is that the shopowner created a little workshop so people could come there and hack the products. And what would be even better is repairing them.

For me that would be the ultimate green. Not recycling, but repairing so that products can last for decades.
We should propably be able to upgrade them to. A little bit utopian I know. But my grandparents had there radio’s and television for more than 20 years. When it broke My granddad or father fixed it.
Now every product has a very short life-expectancy - created off course- Look at the new Iphone. People are smashing their perfect fine older model just to get a new one.

There’s a long way to go before we’ll be truly green.

Or we take a shortcut and every designer swears to only make green necessary products developed according to the cradle-to-cradle use and the consumer will not be able to buy a bad product. Nor would marketing be able to sell you one :wink:

Grtz

T

1 Like