IDSA's new web site

This is the same old IDSA. Clive and his team have worked on this web site for more than 7 months. And as I’ve been able to tell from Warren’s post, it sounds like they never sought input from chapter/section leaders or other volunteers, they just did the site the same way they do everything else–showing it to one or two “yes men” who aren’t willing to criticize or rock the boat despite the fact that it’s sinking. I heard from the leader of my chapter that they were recently told they’ll have to move their web site–which chapter volunteers create and maintain–onto IDSA’s platform, and change to IDSA’s design. That is not the way you treat volunteers! It’s one thing if you have a glut of people knocking on your door, but IDSA needs help, big time, and yet they keep cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Oh, and one other thing–the excuse about the Fast Company deadline–how long ago did they announce Fast Company’s partnership, like in late 2009/early 2010? Don’t you think they knew when they’d need to have their web site up?