European Institutes: English medium

Apologies for the cross-posting here - I just posted a similar note on the thread about service design specifically - but it is relevant:

I lead the Service Design Track over at the Lucerne School of Art and Design, Switzerland on the MA Design. The MA has two Majors, Animage and Product Design & Management (in which the SD track lives). It’s currently taught in a mix of German and English, depending on the module and depending on the lecturers.

I teach in English (I’m English) as do several other lecturers, but some of the courses are in German. If we have enough English speakers or non-German speakers we try and split things like theory modules into two and teach one in German and one in English. For the thesis, there is an English speaking/writing group (which has quite a few native German speakers in it – something I always find impressive!). But it would really help if you could understand some German at present, not only for living there but also because of things like admin and the like. All the lecturers can speak and/or understand English though.

More info on our microsite (mix of German and English) and some English info and flyers on the HSLU main site here.

Or just contact me directly if you want to know more.