European Institutes: English medium

Have a lookt at http://www.esn.org/

There might be some information regarding the languages of courses.

Thanks a lot bngi for the link. I have already opened the link but haven’t looked around yet that much. I appreciate your help.

No worries, just pm or ask if you have any Q’s and maybe i can help you out. Study in sweden and been exchange student in austria, and have some friends that have been around european schools.

anyone knows how IED (in Milan) is??

Hello, I would really like to hear from former/current Coventry Uni Car design students about the BA course. Anyone here??

I’m interested if anyone has any feedback or opinion regarding the Design Management course at the IED Barcelona. I’ve been using this list on Businessweek (Businessweek - Bloomberg) as a reference point, but don’t see IED here, so would appreciate any information on the school’s or program’s reputation.

Apologies for the cross-posting here - I just posted a similar note on the thread about service design specifically - but it is relevant:

I lead the Service Design Track over at the Lucerne School of Art and Design, Switzerland on the MA Design. The MA has two Majors, Animage and Product Design & Management (in which the SD track lives). It’s currently taught in a mix of German and English, depending on the module and depending on the lecturers.

I teach in English (I’m English) as do several other lecturers, but some of the courses are in German. If we have enough English speakers or non-German speakers we try and split things like theory modules into two and teach one in German and one in English. For the thesis, there is an English speaking/writing group (which has quite a few native German speakers in it – something I always find impressive!). But it would really help if you could understand some German at present, not only for living there but also because of things like admin and the like. All the lecturers can speak and/or understand English though.

More info on our microsite (mix of German and English) and some English info and flyers on the HSLU main site here.

Or just contact me directly if you want to know more.

Hi, Nothing to say but learned huge about UMEA actually… your convertions was really nice.

At the Pennsylvania College of Technology, a special mission affiliate of the Pennsylvania State University, we have started a new BS program in industrial design and are interested in bilateral exchanges with foreign universities. Please contact me if you would like to initiate a dialogue on exchanges. We also have faculty exchanges available.

We were recently recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a regional “Top 10” school and we have a strong interaction design component. I invite you to review our website at: 404

Such a i am impress for this discussion about the institutes for the English medium… so thanks for the give me this information…

Hi guys…Im looking for reviews for a Italian college called Istituto d’Arte applicata e design Turin for transportation/industrial design…Tried to look for portfolios on coroflot, but couldnt find much…Looking forward to all your post’s.

any good school for industrial design?

Im a student at IED studying Industrial Product Design, The school is probably the best private school for design in Italy i would say, not only does it have great professors but also a wonderful infrastructure.

For anyone interested in spending a year looking into the social research side of design, a new Masters is just launched at UCL in London for anthropologists exploring design and designers exploring anthropology, ethnography & material culture. UCL’s a highly rated department internationally for anthropology and for material culture especially. More details are at www.ucl.ac.uk/culture-materials-design

Adam

I’ve watned to know how is the Domus Academy in Milano?

hi this is my first posting in this site and thanks alot.

Does anyone have any experience of the Art and Media (Experimental Media Design) MA at the UdK in Berlin?

Thanks for sharing… nice info

I would promote the Eindhoven University of Technology’s programme. It’s extremely internationally oriented and forward thinking. All the classes are English spoken. They do lack a bit the aesthetic sensitivity of for example a DAE, Domus, or Royal College of Art, but that’s because the design process you learn is very multifaceted and geared toward complex interactive systems besides just industrial design. So you’ll learn to design interactive experiences rather than just products. At the moment I would recommend this program over the DAE because I heard they’re in a bit of a mess over there now, in terms of internal politics. But maybe that’s just a rumor.

What do you know of the Design academy of Eindhoven? I feel the common oppinion is that TU Eindhoven is second tier to DAE and TU Delft. I ask because I am applying to some of these schools for grad school for fall 2015. And any light you can shed on the programs would be very helpful to me.