Any one into Generative Design ?

SK Wrote
The answerer is simple. You don’t even try. The complexity of it is beyond the reach of current computational process. Generative processes is a dumb assed process but an immensely powerful one. It can create great results, as nature does; provided the initial models are built sensibly (with some design intent) and selection is made intelligently. So, finally its about choice. It’s designing by selection.

In your above reply, what stands out are this words,…selection is made intelligently. So, finally its about choice. It’s designing by selection. This words suit gamblers, non creative people and to those grey market manufacturers(Duplicate product manufacturers). Industrial Design is a serious field and so is the work of designer’s, where design or designing is not on the basis of intelligent selection, choice and design by selection. Creativity, imagination and vision is what designer’s ingenuity, compared to any other field or people.

SK Wrote
I certainly seem more interest 5 years latter. I guess, man have heard about it now. But the ship has left the port for IDers.

This is what alienated most of the people including myself. Industrial Design and IDers role is very different which people need to look much closely.
Yes, I have mentioned before and many others have also said, Generative design(Curious tool) will be useful to designer’s in every aspect and vice versa, but it will be only designer’s ingenuity that can find meaning in those hundreds of design generated by generative design. Ship will never leave port for IDers or maybe people have become too curious :smiley: