The Official Hubless Wheel hater thread.

I don’t know, that looks a little bad-ass to me… like you could go dangerously fast with the big wheels

Looking at the background that guy is skating on an unused road in China. Or one of those huge sidewalks made for large populations that you would not see outside of China. His mouth is clamped in order to keep the pollution out :slight_smile:

Not sure if this would be called hubless. Pretty brutal design though.

Tim: I was searching for a reason that the guy’s mouth was like that. I guess the pollution is one answer!

Not sure if this would be called hubless.

mm m m, how 'bout senseless

Nahhhhhhhhhh… this is senseless.
senseless.jpg

thought this was cool enough to look at, but kind if ironic in practice

when I was first looking at hubless wheels in school, I thought the Wheelman was pretty cool

After Billy Lane’s Psycho Billy Cadillac

a couple of my friends made this pizza cutter

hubless, comfort less, everything less on this one.

More fodder for the guns . . .

AAAAAAAArrrgghh!!!

"…others see its advantages as it claims to make the bike lighter. "

Who, exactly, thinks that using a less-efficient structure will make a bike/vehicle/whatever lighter?

aaaaaaaaand another one:

That guy successfully shows why you can’t design everything in projection views. Draw that in perspective and I guarentee it’s a big ugly bizarre zit of a car/pod/whatever.

What kind of English is spoken in New Zealand?

“Designed with F1 developed carbon fibre drivers cockpit, with strategically fitted air bags ensures greater levels of protection than current motorbikes.”

Yes, Mr-914, but it comes in two different colors!

Keep it coming fellas! I need the laughs.

As much as I hate hubless wheels myself I found another one that I think is pretty awesome.

unless thats a hoax its pretty impressive for 1931.

Oh, that thing is real. As cool as it is for the era, it didn’t make sense in 1931, and it doesn’t make sense today.

Doesn’t make sense, probably doesn’t go fast, and regardless gets a perfect Man factor of 10 especially when rocking the sh*tkicker shoes and floppy fedora. Check out the look of satisfaction on that dude’s face.

MeCleans’ V8 powered monowheel.

Don’t miss this part… . it’s a pretty good argument for wearing a helmet.

Here is Monowheel by Ben Wilson

Thanks for sharing that video, it was really great. The designers of hubless-wheel bikes should watch it and take note of what may happen to them, while riding or even thinking of designing bikes with hubless wheels. :laughing:

I bet the rider crapped his pants when he started that speed wobble. Absolutely no recovery.