The Official Hubless Wheel hater thread.

Awesome Hubless 02.jpg

AWESOME (not) :laughing:

You left out the Mr Fusion nuclear cold-fusion-powered bar mounted computer that tells you where all your friends are getting a drink.

thank you to everyone here for saying what needs to be said about this ridiculous concept!

To all Haters,

I hate to tell you but here is the Nimbus 399 caster which is on the market.

1 Like

Now that is a hubless wheel I can get behind. Purposeful, and beautiful. It’s not trying to be something it isn’t. Most casters use a roller bearing anyway, they simply did away with the axle. Nicely done.

Great on casters, ridiculous on choppers.

I think this is another example of a badass hubless wheel.

Krown Lab - Baldur - sliding door rail

sweet

in light of recent posts, wondering if thread should be called

“The Official Gratuitous Hubless Wheel hater thread” or something to that effect ?
or are “haters gonna hate” regardless?

and here’s Mockett’s caster

This is badass, right up until you get to the $1049 starting price! WHAT? It’s some steel flatbar and a bearing, there’s nothing to it.

As the OP Snob, I decree that I have ultimate judgement on hot-or-hate calls on this thread! :sunglasses:

Those are all hot, especially the orange one. And the nakedness of the bearing on a rail is nice too. Most of these casters complement the overall aesthetics, like hubless wheels on bicycles do, and they are REAL.

Do any of them do the job more efficiently, cheaper, or with higher performance than the part they replaced? Probably not. And that’s not a bad thing; it keeps the design movement going. But scale any of these concepts up to bicycle size, and try to ride said future-bike.

We can change the name of the thread to “Official-design-competition-entry-bicycle-hubless-wheel-hater-thread”.

All You Haters Suck My Hubs.

Thats great! Maybe buying a big bearing would be cheaper though

All You Haters Hub My Rims.

The reason it’s so pricey is that it’s made of unobtainium.

So it’s possible that they have a entry level version made of Adamantium?

I believe they will be debuting this option in a few days at ICFF. They also offer an upgrade to vibranium bearings.

All You Haters Lace My Wheels

Any news on using plasma for door slides? That would be so much cooler than bearings…

Oh crap!

A hubless bike wheel I actually like. I even like the dude in the video. He reminds me of Murray Hewitt.

While not as cool as plasma sliders… word has it they have developed the frictonless maglev door rail.