1HDC 10.03 - Gestural Interfaces - Discussion Forum

You step on the floor an your toaster starts toasting. Your eggs’n bacon get fried and the coffee machine starts running. The office is noticed that you probably will be on time. The car recheck’s if it is fully charged or the changes to the public-transport-system are communicated through your smartphone. It’s mothersday so a bouquet of flowers is delivered to your home to surprise your wife. The cats get fed automatically, the milk for the little one gets heated…
There’s some big brother feeling but it sure would be nice not to think of all those thing and get them done automatically.

This would just be a continuation of the current situation where we get more and more independent of technology to get our (basic) needs satisfied. It happens automatically so we can focus more on our secondary, tertiary, … needs.

Do you go hunting for your food? Grow your own crops? Dig a hole in the ground to take a shit?

The smart house. Or smart environment as I would call it really is the logical next step in evolution.
We’ve already succeeded in changing our environment and now we will change it so it satisfies our every need.
Wherever and whenever.
Sounds a little spooky but I don’t see why this wouldn’t happen or what would stop it from happening (some kind of Pandemic ,WWIII , Collapse of the economic system?)

But I’m getting of topic. Love the subject.
Food for thought :wink:

Grtz

T