Anyone in china now?

I’ve been there a few times. The have amazing capriana’s.

I’ve noticed that the higher-end factories are doing fine while the cheaper factories lost quite a few people after Chinese New Year.

I know it’s been worse recently, but fwiw all ftys typically lose a lot of people after CNY.

R

Hi… Will be hitting Dongguan 14th April… Staying at Haiyatt Garden in Downtown DG… (NOT IN HOIUJE… yuk!)
Check out the Golden Spoon - Taiwanese restaurant - Good Clean (no oil) food.
Also Saigon in Hoiuje - Vietnamese…

Yeah I was talking to a few people different fty managers, trading co. guys etc. they all seemed to say they were having worker shortages everywhere. From what I could get out of it, it has to do with govt stimulus building roads trains and then ftys moving inland to capture cheaper land. Some of them were doing about 50% outsource stitching in N. China, and then the lasting/assembly in DG.

Most of the places I went to had capacity around 70%, but I assumed labor situation must be a little worse because delivery dates kept getting pushed further back. I talked to a guy from Vietnam said the same thing, plenty of orders, but nobody can hit delivery dates. It just seemed to be the issue on everybody’s mind didn’t matter what type of fty (vulc, mold shop, eva, sneaker, sandal etc.). But yes, I was mostly in DG this trip.

Hope your trip is going well and that you travel safely.

@styler66
I’ve stayed at the Haiyatt before; it’s alright. It’s the kind of hotel that gets you to the fty early and keeps you there late… but there is something they do at Haiyatt that’s awesome. If you check out their buffett (romanzos?), they’ve got this ice cream station, grab one of the Magnum ice cream bars. I swear they taste like old school haagan daz bars but dulce de luce flavor.

In Fuzhou this week and next (Until 14th may)

I will be making a trip to china the 2 weeks after 4th of july if anyone else will be there. i will be hitting Guangzhou, Zhuhai, then Shanghai.

Make sure you check out some of the art galleries in Shanghai! Good stuff.

Thanks for the heads up Yo, i will def try to see some of them, i think im there for a couple days.

“The Bund” district is also pretty cool!

I found this guide pretty helpful last time I was there:
http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/09/shanghai-guide.html

Believe it or not, there is a pretty good Mediterranean restaurant in the center of the lagoon on the grounds of the art museum, which is not too far from the strip of international shopping where the 4 Seasons Hotel is.

There was one uber crazy marketplace I went to there, just great for total chaos and people watching, I can’t remember the name, but your hotel concierge will know it, mostly locals. They only told me about it after I stated 3 times that “I want to see some authentic Chinese shopping and stuff”, after 45 minutes there I thought my head would explode! Craziness.

I am currently in the airport on my way to Taipei and Guangzhou for a 10 day design/development trip. This will be my first time traveling to Asia, so I’m really looking forward to it. I have at least 1 day off to spend in Taipei, so I’m looking for some interesting spots to visit.

I never spent much time in Taipei, more in Taichung, and at the time the best thing there was the movie theater, assigned seats, full recline like a first class cabin in an airplane, and at your seat popcorn and soda service… I have not been to Guangzhou in awhile. Are you staying at The Garden Hotel?

Night markets are fun in Taipei, just like a lot of Asian cities. The imperial museum is interesting, but there’s lots of pottery! Never made it there, and it might not still exist, but there’s always Snake Alley… and in Guanzhou City I remember some seriously different natural history museums with stuffed animals and crazy details about the first white people who came to the area. Anyway, have fun on your trip!

go to the zoo! panda!

and get up in the morning to eat breakfast. nothing like soymilk directly out of a plastic bag (dunno if they still do that anymore). it’s tops.

Just arrived here in Taipei. Thanks for the info guys!

Michael- I actually will be in Taichung too, but only for a day, which will most likely be fully devoted to work. I just checked the hotel names on my itinerary, and it looks like I’m staying in a different hotel, not the Garden.

Travisimo- I’ve heard about the night markets from multiple people, sounds cool for sure. I think a museum is definitely on my agenda at some point during the trip too.

tarngerine- I’m gonna get breakfast tomorrow morning, so I’ll see what it’s like. :slight_smile:

I’ll let you guys know how my trip turns out.

Im currently here in Dongguan. Is there any place worth checking out?

Hi All

im going to be in China for 2 weeks from Sunday 8th aug.

Calling at:-
Ningbo 1oth
Qingdao 11th
Xiamen 13th
Jinjiang 15th
Wenzhou 18th

North at the start of the trip, south at the end.
Any advice for a one-man band would be great.

In SZ until 8/13. Near Gongming.

Anyone going to the Canton Fair? I will be there from the 31st Oct till the 4th Nov

Will be in Shenzhen near Gongming from 11/9 - 11/20.

Beers?