books on sketching skliz...?

the book looks great yo

btw i’ve heard that the pirates took over some of design sketching’s loot if you know what i mean

nunoCR: thanks! I have to say you lost me with that last bit, what do you mean?

the last bit was not directed at you… just throwing it out there for everyone.
I probably shouldn’t be more specific, it might be against the forum rules.

I think hes talking about how the Design Sketching Book, has been available online. Type in “design sketching’s loot” About the 5th link down.

Hello,

im the author of darstellungstechnik, german rendering book. this title you can actually get only in german and japanese language, but i have good news for you. My new title darstellungsmedien is also available in english, the english title is representation media, its about rendering, especially about the different sketching media. its 29,90 Euro, you can order
it on my adress, or on www.elbtunnel.de, or amazon (klick on the title,and you get pictures).

http://www.amazon.de/Darstellungstechnik-Umsetzung-Präsentation-Alexander-Ott/dp/3830713401/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266251756&sr=8-1

if you have any questions about my books, please send me an e-mail.

Alexnder Ott
Dipl.-Des(FH)

Thanks everyone for the warm reception to my first book, just sold the 80th copy: Analog Dreams by Michael DiTullo | Blurb Books

Hey guys, does anyone know of any good books pertaining to human body proportions and especially hand proportions? I would like to become more comfortable with adding these into product and furniture sketches. ThAnks

I used David Finch’s Gnomon video series on dynamic hand and feet drawing and it’s definitely worth the money, really well done, clear instruction and tons of great narrated footage

Also he has one on the body and the face

Got this one for $5.00, great stuff!

Richard Henry Arbib > was considered one of the leading industrial designers in the United States in the years following World War II. By the 1950s, he had established himself as one of the true visionaries in his field, producing groundbreaking design concepts not only for automobiles, but for a range of products that included wristwatches, pens, boats and even personal helicopters–designs so innovative than many of them would still be considered advanced today. This book is an attempt to rediscover both the man and his extraordinary work. Combining a biographical essay and commentary by historian and collector Frederic A. Sharf with 35 never-before-seen drawings by Arbib, this is a revelatory look at one of the great artists of America’s industrial history, and the first biographic study of his work.

Congrats Michael!! I just saw this.

Thanks man, a few copies away from hitting 100!

Just got Ditullo’s new book, “Analog Dreams”, in the mail today. After looking through it I was really impressed.

First off, it has a nice collection of his sketches, ranging from footwear to architecture, with a brief description of why and when they were done. Footwear sketches are awesome, and it’s nice to see them on paper rather than behind a computer screen. It makes it a lot easier, at least for me, to analyze his sketching style and to apply parts of it towards my own style :wink:

What I really liked about the book is how Ditullo explains his philosophy behind sketching. He explains what it means for him on a personal level and what it means for industrial design as a profession (really insightful information, especially for designers still in school like me).

He also provides tips for improving your sketching skills and lists the key ingredients to creating a “hot” sketch. Again, good information.

Overall, nice book. Definitely recommend it and it acts as a good source of inspiration and reference. Congrats Yo!

Thanks for the feedback, I’m glad you are enjoying it and finding it useful!

BTW if you’re buying Analog Dreams, use the coupon code SAVETWENTY to get 9 bucks off.

Is there ebook version of analog dreams as well.

No I don’t believe so.

There is not at this point, there is also free shipping until the end of the month.

In this month’s issue of Kiosk Magazine:

“the Designer’s sketch in the Digital toolbox” James Self, pg 42-51

features sketches by yours truly

Digital version here: http://www.kiosk-magazine.co.uk/issues/

Thanks for the mention Michael…Did you get the hard copies I sent over airmail?
Not sure if these have been mentioned in this thread:

Design Sketching: http://www.designsketching.com/ (very good)

Drawing for Designers, Pipes, A

Sketching: drawing techniques for product designers

And for some ideas around the skills and knowledge associated with sketching and the use of other design tools, you could dip into something like Lawson’s What Designers Know…

James.