Why did you choose your school?

I went to San Francisco State University. Why? I don’t really know. I had a bad first year at UC Davis, and figured it would be a good rebound. It actually turned out that way too. Although SFSU’s philosophy is infant at best, the professors they do have are really hands on and try and help you succeed. It’s a very small community. The actual courses I had taken there weren’t all that impressive, as the professors aren’t too hardline on breaking bad habits, but like I said it’s a new and growing department. Besides, the experience of linving in the city was awesome and amazing. Although you had to work twice or four times as hard to push yourself on an individual basis, the access to some of the worlds best designers was a priceless experience. Of course the choice to take advantage of these opportunities has always been an option that had not been excercised by all. But of those who did, there was a very tight and excited community of young design students. Now if given the opportunity again would I have switched schools? Yes, I think that what I would have learned more from going to Art Center or Pratt. And the networking alone would have been worth the cost. But at the same time I could say that I learned alot and saved about $20,000. But still I think I would have rather gone to Art Center, if I knew what I knew today.